With the emergence of eCommerce, it becomes easily possible for people across the world to purchase products online from the comfort of their homes. Whether it is about purchasing clothes, furniture, medicines, groceries, or anything, online shoppers just need to tap on their smartphone and get it delivered to their homes.
Here are some numbers that prove the increasing demand for online shopping. In the year 2021, the number of online shoppers stands at 2.24 billion, which makes 27.6% of the 7.74 billion people in the world. In simple words, more than 1 out of every 4 people you see around you is an online shopper. Isn’t it amazing? The world is changing and moving towards eCommerce.
When it comes to talking about online shopping, some of the biggest leaders that come to mind are Amazon, Walmart, eBay, and Alibaba. These websites are successful and the most popular for their amazing customer service. Apart from these, there are many other things that successful websites do to make themselves better and stand out from other players. To check those things out, continue reading this blog.
Successful eCommerce Websites Do These 7 Things
1. Great Customer Support
Reading this first point, if you are thinking that it is the most common point that one should consider, then let me tell you that many eCommerce websites are still not taking this point about delivering the best customer service to their customers.
Delays in replies and solving problems are considered common things by many eCommerce websites, but these things make your customers angry and leave your website forever. Talking the eCommerce leaders like Amazon, Walmart, and Alibaba, they have the best customer service and support systems.
Like these top eCommerce websites, make sure that you provide excellent customer service that brings them again and again to your website. Here are some ways to ensure that you have great customer support on your eCommerce website irrespective of the type:
- Make sure that you do not force your customers or visitors to take a particular mode of communication. You can take support requests from any platform like forums, social media, quora, live chat, phone, and email. No matter how your customers want to communicate with you, be available in different modes.
- Another way that helps you to deliver excellent customer service is – to make support readily available while at the time of purchasing so that your support team can answer any question that your customers might have.
- Provide different self-service options because more than 60% of consumers prefer self-service support. You can make it easy for them to help themselves through FAQs, chatbots, Q&As, and many other options. These automated options solve customers’ queries instantly in real-time.
So, these are the ways for providing excellent customer service on your eCommerce website design wise. Let’s move to the second point.
2. Personalize Communication With Your Customers
According to Marketingdive.com, failing to personalize the shopping experience can even lose the business and make eCommerce businesses suffer. Today, personalized communication with customers is becoming increasingly important as it might save the day for some eCommerce businesses that are struggling. It not only engages shoppers, but also increases repeat purchase, increases conversion, and boosts sales.
Comes in many different forms like personalized product recommendations, cart abandonment marketing emails, product detail pages, and personalized newsletters, personalized communication is a showroom of items to consumers.
To better your personalization, follow some of these tips:
- Make sure to build out customer profiles with purchase history, demographics, preferences, and other data & information that can be useful in how you can interact and communicate with them.
- Another tip that you should consider is personalized offers and product information for your customers. You can provide personalized offers and information that will be valuable for them.
- The third tip is that you can personalize your email communication with them so that you make sure that they find it relevant to their interest.
So, these are some simple tips to personalize eCommerce communication with your customers. Moving ahead, let’s discuss point 3.
3. A Wonderful User Experience To Guide Online Buyers
What if your buyers are getting confused while accessing your website? What if they get stuck on the website and don’t know how to proceed ahead for a smoother shopping experience?
You will definitely lose your buyers, and they will never come back to your website to purchase a product. Therefore, you can replicate this thing from the top eCommerce websites and have a wonderful user experience to guide your online buyers.
To give a wonderful user experience to your online buyers, all you can do is:
- Make sure that you use the right filters and categories so that they can easily find your products and services.
- Give a good search experience that allows them to search for products with just a few clicks.
- Another point that you ensure is utilizing merchandise tools that help online retailers in improving marketing campaigns, and customer experience, improve average order value, and more.
Your brand is a reflection of you and your business, but it doesn’t have to be boring or generic. Your brand should be consistent with what you’re selling, but it can also incorporate fun graphics and colors that suit your brand. You can reinforce your branding in every single interaction with your customers. Moreover, you can intentionally establish your brand’s voice, visual identity, and tone.
When it comes to emailing, product packaging, and ads, all these things should reflect your brand as this way your customers will remember you and your brand forever. To do this, you can ensure that whatever your customer touches, faces, or experiences, should have your branding irrespective of 404 errors to tracking status.
5. Provoking Promotional Strategy
The best eCommerce website company have a promotional strategy that makes their products stand out. They do this by creating an innovative, compelling, and stimulating promotional program that is mainly designed to provide users with the opportunity to experience their products in a completely new way.
In fact, 92% of online shoppers said that they search for discount coupons, offers, and coupon codes to get discounts on purchasing. But, if you give discounts and offers too often, you will increase sales, but will not increase profit and revenue. Therefore, you need to come up with a compelling promotional strategy that works as a win-win for both.
So, before you offer some random discounts and offers to your customers, you can consider these 2 points:
- Make use of promotions to boost average order value
- Provide discounts and promotional offers to win your previous customers
6. 2-Step Checkout Process
What will you do if any shopping website is asking you to fill these 10 columns and then proceed with purchasing? What if you have to face a number of the checkout process that wastes your time and energy? You feel irritated, right?
Due to this reason, you will never return to the same website again. So, if you are having this thought, so does your customer. If your checkout process is having a full-page step process and asking hundreds of questions, then it’s time to work on your checkout process.
Your eCommerce website should have a maximum 2-step check-out process that gives a relaxing experience to your customers.
7. Make Your Customers Feel Confident About Your Brand
Create an environment where your customers feel confident enough to buy from you because they know they’ll be satisfied with their purchase. You should always strive to ensure that people feel safe during the buying process, whether that means offering free returns or providing guarantees of satisfaction with your product or service!
Whether it is about return or exchange policy, you can try to make your customers feel confident so that they can maintain a long-term relationship. Moreover, you can try to be honest, transparent, and be there for your customers irrespective of the time and day.
So, these are the top 7 things that top and successful eCommerce websites are doing. So, being a full-time eCommerce business owner or working for past-time, you can ensure that you do these 7 things on your shopping website and touch new heights in the industry.
No matter whether you need professional Magento SEO services or want to hire a WooCommerce developer for your WooCommerce website, Icecube Digital has got you covered for your needs. The company has experienced eCommerce developers to handle your website requirements with utmost care.