Magento has released security patches to make the system more secure. Though it has been a while since the security patches have been released, We have noticed that number of Magento website owners have not get time to install all the security patched to make their website secure, Either they don’t know how to install the patches on their own or they don’t have a Magento development company that can help effectively
It is very much important to install the patch as soon as possible because your Magento store can be vulnerable till then and hacker can hack your data information.
The important thing is now how to install the patches for the Magento website, here we have provided simple step by step guide with screen shots to apply patches on your magento website.
You can install the patches using ssh or FTP/Cpanel. Some hosting providers don’t provide ssh access for some hosting plans so here is the detailed guide on how to install the patches without having need of ssh access.
Before you start working on any security patch update, first thing you want to do is take full backup of your Magento store. Take backup of store files and database using your server’s control panel or SSH otherwise consult your hosting provider for the help.
After you have taken the backup start following below step by step guide:
1. First disable the Compilation from admin if Compilation is enabled otherwise it will break your store’s architecture and functionality. Go to below path for Compilation
2. After that, disable any cache if it is enabled. To disable the Magento caches follow below path in Admin.
3. Next thing is we have to find out which patches are required on your Magento store to update, for that go to below link and put your website url, it will show you exactly which patches are missing.
4. When you have the list of security patches your Magento store requires, you can go to below site and download the specific security patch from there.
We have listed some of the latest security patches below with their download links for you.
5. After you have downloaded the security patches extract the archive and only thing remain is to upload it using FTP client or SSH or your hosting control panel by following below points:
6. Now that all the security patches are updated verify the Magento store front and Admin that your website is running smoothly and everything is working fine without any broken pages or functionality.
7. If everything works well and your site is running as it was before then go to below link again to verify that all the patches are updated and shows Green status.
8. When you have verified the security patches now it’s time to enable all the caches. Go to below path in Admin
9. Now the last thing is to enable the compilation if it was disabled on the 1st step. Go to below path in Admin
That’s it. If you face any problems during the process, Please feel free to contact us and our magento ecommerce developer will help you real quick
Send us your project notes